Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Live Earth


I was returning last night from Geneva and Gland, when I got a call from someone working for the Live Earth initiative triggered by Al Gore (the series of simultaneous concerts a la Live Aid next week-end in New York, London, Johannesburg, Rio, Shangai, Tokyo, Sidney and Hamburg).

This person thought I could help with a last minute (last second!) problem they've encountered with a broadcaster which they thought I knew, in connection with an appeal they're asking the public to sign on to.

I'm sure they've got one or two million last second problems in their hands at the moment, and I'd love to be in a position to contribute to solving one of them. But people have got to realize that most of the time, it's real hard to respond to these kinds of last second job/favour requests. As a general rule I'd say that when you're in the advance planning phase of any project, try and put us on board your train before it leaves the station. And if possible don't forget to give us a ticket for the whole journey so that we know where we're supposed to sit and how we should pass messages to the guys in the locomotive!

Anyway, I thought I'd take this opportunity to create a link to the Live Earth website which is very rich (in content). And hope that Live Earth will indeed rock the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment