Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Plastiki


There's been so many, it's hard to find a new environmental advocacy initiative truly inspiring these days.

The story of the Plastiki,the vessel made of 12,500 plastic bottles that just completed its cruise accross the Pacific Ocean, is one.

I recommend a visit to the Plastiki website.

Since I heard of it several years ago, I've wondered why apparently no environmental organization was documenting at sea the Great Pacific Garbage Patch - a sea of waste between California and Hawaii which is said to be about five times the size of the UK (five times, yes, the size of the UK, yes) that sits just below the surface between California and Hawaii.

So, I look forward to looking at the Plastiki photo gallery as soon as I get the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment