Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pov' con?


I'm just about to leave Paris after I spent a week here doing press briefings for foreign correspondents, and a number of bilateral consultations on a number of issues.

Everybody based abroad I've spoken with this week has asked me how things were in Paris with the strikes. So I thought I'd upload this photo I took this morning at Cours de Vincennes when I was visiting the flee market there.

Someone wrote on a post box "Vive la grève" (grève means strike). And some time later someone put a "Pov' con" sticker besides the graffiti. Pov' con (a contraction of "pauvre con") would best translate as "little piece of shit", I think.

Sadly, I think that by and large this photo reflects fairly accurately the level of the debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment