Monday, October 27, 2008

Neighbourhood


I took yesterday this photo of the grossery store nearest to the Hotel Matignon, the residence and office of the French Prime Minister in Paris. Only two or three blocks away, I suppose the name G20 is only a coincidence but it's a funny one.

This G20 supermarket chain is not exactly upmarket, so I suspect they aren't among the providers of the Prime Minister.

Talking of G8, G8+5, G20 and so forth, I've just read Elliot Morley's interesting op'ed in the BBC Green Room in which he proposes that world leaders consider low-carbon economy as an integral part of, and an opportunity for, economic recovery. I remember Elliot, who is now the President of GLOBE INTERNATIONAL, as quite an open-minded and accessible guy when he was Environment Minister between 2003 and 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment