Sunday, August 08, 2010

Dishes for tomorrow


One of my favorite holiday hobbies under the sun in central Spain is to collect and watch dead insects (and sometimes to draw them on paper). Another of my holiday hobbies is creative photography.


So, I've combined both to illustrate The Guardian's recent story "Insects could be the key to meeting food needs of growing global population" prompted by the work of the UN FAO to explore the use of insects to feed humans as a means to address water shortage and water pollution, destructive fishing, greenhouse gas emissions from farming, and to enhance habitat protection and forest biodiversity conservation.

If as a French child I enjoyed eating snails [I don't anymore :-)], I suppose that insects could be as enjoyable for me as light crispy appetizers.

I hope you'll enjoy my insects sushi (above, an environment-friendly alternative to Atlantic bluefin tuna to help this species recover), and my spicy insect risotto (below).

1 comment:

  1. sir are you going to taste it, my advise is Noooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete