Monday, January 22, 2007

Big brother in the sky


Should I remember not to wear this T-shirt, next time I travel to Australia?

In order to justify retaliation against a passenger wearing an anti-Bush tee-shirt, the air-carrier Qantas told the BBC that "whether made verbally or on a T-shirt, comments with the potential to offend other customers [...] of a Qantas group aircraft will not be tolerated".

"Comments with the potential to offend other customers"? Verbally or on a T-shirt?

How interesting! Where does it start, where does it end? Where will they draw the line?

Let's take a few examples:

- Stewardess, the lady on seat 15-b is wearing a fur coat. I am against fur coats-for-fashion, they offend me, throw her out, please!

- Officer, I saw that the man who's just about to board this plane was reading a book titled "Paul D. Wolfowitz, Visionary Intellectual, Policymaker and Strategist". It sucks, I don't want to fly with someone who reads such offensive crap!

- Mademoiselle, I heard the passenger behind me telling his partner that he voted for John Howard: Please do something, I find this so offensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment